feedburner
Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

feedburner count

THE THINKER

Labels: ,



I remembered something today, so I’m writing it so I can get back to sleep, There was one episode in House M.D When Dr. Foreman (the black doctor) had a patient who was a total junkie, lost all self respect and control over her addiction, all she wanted in life was to get high, Dr. foreman treated her with less care than what the profession as a doctor demanded. He thought that if this person doesn’t even care about her life then why should we? There are millions of people who care enough to pull their life back together, they deserve a second chance, this person doesn’t, the junkie noticing this said to him “just because you’re a doctor and I’m an addict doesn’t make you better than me, You and I are not that different, the only difference is you made good decisions and I didn’t”

Again, for me this reallytrue yet so frustrating. Our actions of course has related consequences, which is a fact, it even has a law in physics, but what if our decisions was somehow influenced by spontaneous variables? It’s easy to decide to be law abiding, god fearing and such, but what if you were forced to make a decision because of certain uncontrolled variables? (Environment, peer pressure, finance, religion, family expectations, morality etc) all these play parts in our lives. But of course decisions are influenced from what we feel and what situation we are in, but how did we get there in the first place? If a building was on fire, naturally your decision would be to get the hell outta there! But if you have a friend, a family member inside that building you wouldn’t right? You would check first try to see if their safe, or if you’re just self centered, you leave them to die. Or maybe you just can’t risk your life because you have a family to feed. This outweighs the risk involved. From this example alone, there are 5 variables, family, finance, environment, religion or moral belief (morality) actually more if you think deeper.

Those (what if’s) until today haunt me, and I know I’m not the only one, what if I followed my parents advice? What if I studied a little harder? What if I realized this a little sooner? What If I said yes? What if I said no? What if I didn’t let her/him go? These minor decisions sometimes affect our life in a major way, the so called “Butterfly effect”.



But how can we say that what we chose was right or wrong? Sometimes it may seem right, but then you realize it isn’t, it may seem wrong now, but what if it isn’t?

-confused





0 comments:

Post a Comment